I added Adsense at the end of January. In February I got 1.6K users and €2.46 to my balance, a little more than expected.
This month I decided to try Google Adsense, just as an experiment. I expect no more 1-2$ in the next month. The process of adding adsense is easy, but the problem is that it requires a primary domain and on the primary domain sneawo.com I had a redirect to blog.sneawo.com. So the first attempt failed after 2 days of waiting. For a second attempt I put an html with a short text on the primary domain. This time it also took 2 days and was successfull.
Meanwhile, I looked some articles and almost all of them recommend to launch the blog in a subfolder, i.e.
sneawo.com/blog. Maybe I’ll do it as next experiment.
This year I decided to spend some time on the blog marketing. I don’t know how to do it, but as a first step I’ve added a subscription to the monthly digest of updates. You can see it on the right.
I used MailChimp because:
- it’s free up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month
- there is a subscription form builder
- there is an automatic campaign to send an email by schedule with the posts from RSS
The only problem was to choose an physical address, it’s a requirement for FTC’s CAN-SPAM Act. I don’t want to provide my home address or buy P.O. box for now, so I put my work address.
One of the goals for 2017 year was to reanimate the blog and write 52 posts, one per week.
This week I moved the blog from http to https. The reason - everything is moving to https and maybe it’s good for SEO. There were several steps.
As usual at the beginning of the year I decided to continue the blog, but I was on a new macbook with a fresh system and also I forgot how to use octopress. So, why not to try something new.